I’m not sure if you’ve noticed, but Facebook has added a few additional relationship status options. It appears apart from Single, Married, In a relationship, Engaged, Married, It’s Complicated, In an open relationship, Widowed, Separated, and Divorced you can also select In a civil union and In a domestic partnership . This got thinking, since 73%* of people on Facebook use it for relationship related activities, it would be fun to see them add a few more options.
(* A completely random number I just made up.)
Turns out I’m not the only one with this idea. Here is a list of Relationship Status options I’d like to see them add (the first half of which are borrowed from someone else’s Facebook post).
- Cats only
- Single and awesome
- Baby Daddy
- Experimented at college with
- Blacked out and woke up with
- Playing house with
- Building a pillow fort with
- Shacking up with
- In a Relationship with ______, but don’t tell ______ in case he/she like me too.
- Just seeing where this goes with
- Smelling glue with
- Knocked up by
- Brainwashed by
- Drinking Kool-Aid with
- Sharing a jail cell with
- Has amnesia but everyone says is married to
- Pretending to be pirates with
- Climbing trees with
- Protecting _____ from spiders
- Got a green card for
- Sharing a mutual dislike of NASCAR with
- Dresses up for Star Trek Movies with
- Together for tax reasons with
- Putting the toilet seat down for
- Married long enough that they no longer hold in their farts in front of
- Riding dolphins with
- Hoping _____ gets the hint and buys a damn ring already
- Is a coward and hopes _____ ends the relationship soon
- Quoting Monty Python and the Holy Grail with
- Petitioning Congress to make it Illegal for Adam Sandler to Ever Appear in Another Movie with
- Found the Rainbow Connection with
- On a bender with
Yes, I could keep going, but you get the point. I do hope you got a Smirk out of this list and if you happen to be in a comment leaving mood, I’d love to hear some of your own relationship status updates you’d like to see Facebook implement.
Google Images, keywords: it’s complicated, pillow fort, and scared of spiders.
Copyright © 2012 Richard Timothy